Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ibra talks to Revista Barca



www.fcbarcelona.com

Barca's latest signing talks to the “Revista Barca” in their latest addition about his career so far and his first few months at the club.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic spoke to the club's magazine before the game against Malaga and revealed much about his background, his motivation and his hopes and expectations for his time at Barca.

Winning mentality

2009-07-27_ENTREVISTA_BARxA_TV_IBRAHIMOVIC_03.jpgZlatan's father was Bosnian and his mother Croatian and he grew up in the a quiet Swedish town. He began playing football at Rosengard where he began to develop his strong personality: “you have to be strong in life and I didn't let anybody put me down. If you show me respect, I'll respect you. I like people to speak clearly and say things as the are. I don't want to be second, third or fourth . That's the same as being last. I want to be first – or nothing”,

Inter

2009-08-23_PARTIDO_04.jpgLa Liga is Ibrahimovic's fourth league after starting in Sweden, moving to Ajax and then Italy where he played two seasons at Juventus before switching to Inter for the next three years. Now he's at Barca and he's clear about the difference between this and his previous clubs: “At Inter there were not as many players who could turn a game. When one of them was off form, the game was tough, but here even if one of the bets players Is out, there is always somebody else who can make a difference ready to come in. That's want makes Barca such a great team”.


Eto'o

2009-07-27_PRESENTACION_ZLATAN_IBRAHIMOVIC_006.JPGThe Swedish striker's goals and assists so far this season have put a stop to any yearnings for Eto'o from the fans, but Ibrahimovic has plenty of respect for the African striker: “ he did a great job at Barca and I've got a lot of respect for what he did. He's one of the greats, but that pressure doesn't affect me, maybe the opposite in fact, it drives me on. However, I don't think you can compare us as we are so different”.

Guardiola

2009-08-03_GUARDIOLAx_IBRAHIMOVIC_04.jpgAfter working under bosses such as Koeman, Capello, Mancini or Mourinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic likes Guardiola's system: “he explains well what he wants and wants to know what you like most, what you want to do......There's always a very open dialogue. He's got a winning mentality like me, but he also wants to win with elegance and by playing attractive football”.

A place in history

2009-09-25_IBRAHIMOVIC_11.JPGWith five goals in his first five League appearances, Ibrahimovic has made his mark and entered into club history, a history he is very well aware of: “I remember the times of Romario, then Ronaldo, one of the bets ever players – the most complete footballer ever for me. Players like Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Romário, Eto'o... they've all done extraordinary things here and I'd love to be able to leave my mark too”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FC Barcelona Fans Headline Animator

Strange Triangle (Bermuda )

I hope your visit to the second-blog


click here